Monday, December 13, 2004

Defying Gravity - Prill Boyle's Book

prillboyle.com
There are moments of "Ooohhh, that's why I was there when I was!!!" I was out driving around during my lunch hour. I had forgotten to bring a lunch (or lunch money that day), so normally I would not have left the office. I might have surfed the web, or played UNO with co-workers, but not drive around town with no direction. But I had to get out of the office - clear all the daily grind stuff out of my head.

I turned the radio on and tuned to my NPR station (http://www.kgou.org). I was listening to Brain Brew and Prill Boyle was talking about her book "Defying Gravity." Interesting I thought. When I got back to the office I called Full Circle Bookstore (The most civilized place on earth!!! http://www.fullcirclebooks.com) and ordered her book.

It came in on Friday. I'm about half-way through with this anecdotal book about blooming at mid-life. It's hard for me to admit that I am at mid-life - SHIT - I am at mid-life!!! Anyway, I love this book. Each woman's story is compelling and inspirational.

I surfed over to Prill Boyles website tonight. Her Resources section is short, sweet and to the point. Some resources are serious, some sassy, some pretty damned funny - just like us mid-life women!!!

So, I wrote her a fan email. Me, writing a fan email! I'll let you know if she writes me back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home