Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Son is So Much Cooler than I was at that Age!

I asked my boy what he wanted to do for his 5th birthday. "I want to go to California." I do have a daughter, two uncles, two aunts, a cousin, a grandmother in La La Land, so its very doable. Okay, we'll go! Anyone need anything from Trader Joe's?

When I was almost 5 years old I didn't ask for anything specific for my birthday. The answer was probably "Cake, chocolate cake!" But that's my answer to any question, really..."How do we settle the Middle East peace process once and for all?" "Cake, lots and lots of chocolate cake!" It would work, you know!

But California? Man! My son is so much cooler than me and he's only almost 5 years old!!! I was thinking Chucky Cheese, or a pinata.

An imagination like that, combined with the guts to ask for what he wants, and a pair of brown eyes and a smile that will knock the wind right out of ya! Its going to be fun living vicariously through him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home