Saturday, March 19, 2005

Truth in Advertising...

I just submitted my blog's URL to blogwise.com. In the form I was to choose whether there was sexual content. Good question. What do I put? So far there hasn't been any sexual content. But what if I talk about my son's penis? It could happen. He plays with it on a regular basis. Is that sexual content if he's almost 5 years old and watching cartoons when he does play with his penis? (To my dear sweet boy...Mommy is transfering a good chunk of cash into your savings account for any needed therapy sessions in the future.)

I also use the word Fuck pretty regularly. Is that sexual content? Fuck does mean the act of sex, most of the time....as in "Go fuck yourself." Although, when someone really fucks things up its not a pleasant experience for anyone - so I don't think that would count as sexual material.

I don't want to mislead anyone. This can be PG, or PG13 for some, blog. I haven't written about sex yet, but I don't want to say I don't - ever - and then a moment for my moleskine comes up and I can't share it with the handful of people that read this regularly. What a dilemma!

So, in the spirit of truth in advertising...I selected "Occassionally Contains Sexual Material"...just in case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Vicky, you just hit the proverbial nail on the head. There is no black and white, just grey. And sometimes it's light grey, sometimes dark grey. They haven't yet invented the form that will let you express that.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home