Wednesday, April 06, 2005

How...

How do I hold you
When you're so far away
How to I tell you
It will all be okay

How do I let him
Tear up your heart
Allow him to walk
And give him a head-start

One day you will be clear
Your heart again whole
A smile in your eyes
The story all told

And then one night
When your child is grown
You'll get that call
And your heart will moan

It will be your turn
To listen and learn
About the man that has hurt her
And your heart will burn...

How do I hold you
When you're so far away
How do I tell you
It will all be okay

2 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Not much you can add to that Vicky, but what a lovely poem. Makes me glad that my girls are both a little young to have gone through that scenario just yet. But I expect to one day.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Logan C. Adams said...

logan.adams@gmail.com, email me sometime, I'll keep your identity a secret.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home