Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Open Pole Night...

I was running an errand the other day and drove past one of our not-so-lovely nuddie bars. The portable sign out front said "Amateur Night Every Tuesday Night." You mean to tell me that there are women willing to dance nude for free?

I grew up in Las Vegas, Nevada...so I've seen a few shows on the strip where women do just that - strip - and dance to an audience. Years ago, after I moved to Oklahoma City, I played "roady" for a friend's local band that played at "The Red Dog", another not-so-lovely "gentlemen's club" (I hate that term. I have no doubt that real gentlemen do not frequent such places). Those girls were pros and all in all, not that attractive - nor could they dance. Most disappointing; no skill, no fenesse. Just a bunch of saggy boobies wabbling to much too loud music.

I would hate to be at a place like that for amateur night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

You know what really pisses me off about this Vicky, and that's the way that pole dancing is subtly becoming, mainstream; an acceptable behaviour. I don't know what it's like in the States, but here in the UK I can turn on a program like Top of the Pops -- an early evening pop music program that my two little girls like to watch -- and see women pole dancing to the music. Admittedly, they're not nude, but to me this is sending out a message to the viewers -- like my kids -- that pole dancing is an acceptable behaviour. With that sort of message, is it any surprise that there are amateur pole dancing nights in the clubs? Don't get me started on pole dancing ...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Vicky Hawthorne said...

Wow! So you can see pole dancing on T.V.? OKC is the buckle of the bible belt. Prime time pole dancing doesn't happen "in thems here parts."

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the dancers look sort of like your fat saggy boobs and even fatter saggy ass?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Vicky Hawthorne said...

Why, yes they do!!! Isn't that sad? Well, my fat ass doesn't sag, just yet. Thanks for that insightful, if anonymous, comment. You have a lovely day.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home