Monday, May 09, 2005

Son's Day...

Sunday morning I woke up early. Before everyone else in the house was awake I enjoyed the quiet of the morning, answered email, read the paper and drank a good amount of coffee.

At around 9:00 a.m. my son appeared at my office door, rubbing his sleepy doe-like brown eyes, sporting nothing but his tighty-whities and a smile. "MOM!! ITS MOTHER'S DAY!" he suddenly shouts. "Oh my gosh! It is!" I reply with equal enthusiasm. And then he asks, "And you know what the next day is?" He's now climbing into my lap. "It's SON'S DAY!"

Really? "What's Son's Day, sweety?" Now his hands are fully animated with each syllable. "It's when the Boy Childs get to stay in bed!!!" His smile steals my heart. "Really! Well then, when is this Son's Day?" He gladly tells me, "Next Saturday!"

"Okay," I tell him, "you can stay in bed as long as you want next Saturday!" And he gives me the most wonderful hug around my neck. "Awesome! Can you make me breakfast now so I can go ride my bike?"

I had a very happy mother's day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Fantastic! There's nothing to touch the bond between you and your children in those first five minutes after they wake up.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home