Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Oh So Close...

Interesting that the hit counter is close to 1,000 and I'm almost to the end of my first Moleskine notebook. (Okay, interesting to me.) Its review time as I ponder the potential of the new Moleskine that sits - unopened - on my night stand. Will it have that new Moleskine smell? Will I use the stickers? What the hell is the purpose of the stickers? Should I be so concerned with the stickers?

Much of the book holds observations; many of them have been posted here. Some of my favorites are:

100 (Plus 1) Things About Me (can you say narcissistic?)
Draw Outside the Lines - From Now On
Mother's Day
White Women Can't Dance
Sisss Boom Bah
(received my first comment)
You Know its Time to Go On a Diet When
A Prayer for My Dearest Friends

Some of the other stuff includes:

The "100 People I know" list. It started out as a tool to build a client base when I was toying with the idea of building an Arbonne business. I have a specific thing I want to accomplish before I do that, but the exercise has been so interesting that I kept it up. So far, I've come up with 44 people I know directly.

John Thornell, PhD's quote, "True bravery is: Arriving home stinking drunk after a very late night out with the boys...Then, being assaulted by your wife with a broom; and still having the guts to ask, 'Are you cleaning, or were you flying somewhere?'" I have no idea where I picked that one up, but I thought it was funny enough to keep - I still do.

Ideas for a bed & breakfast specifically for filmmakers.

Many "To Do" lists. (some of it got done)

Many grocery lists. (all of that got purchased and eaten)

My quote - "How close to on-time your flights are...is directly proportional to how badly you want to get home."

This little $10.00 notebook is one of my favorite possessions. It has a place to put your address and a reward amount, should you loose it and want it back. This one has a $20.00 reward. I think the next one will have a $50.00 reward.

Why so much for the next one? The nearly full Moleskine holds the dreams. The unopened Moleskine could be the potential to realizing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home