Thursday, October 20, 2005

Is it a Guy Thing?

At this very moment I'm sitting at my desk, listening to my office-mates playing cards during their lunch break, in the conference room. Every single one of them is making some kind of sound-effect kind of noise. Sci-fi wistles, buzzes, wines, pops, beeps, clicks, clucks, all types of trumpeting sounds, pac-man game-over sounds, and Homer Simpson and/or Tim-the-Tool-Man-Taylor imitations!

My son has always done his own sound effects. Its cute when you're five. No so much when you're 35 - 45.

2 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

My wife catches me making sound effects or, sometimes, kinda humming a tune with my breath all the time.
Funny thing is, I didn't even know I was doing it until I was called out on it.
Is it a male thing or an ADD thing? (I am both)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Vicky Hawthorne said...

If you're taking your meds during the workday, do you continue to make sound effects? I'd bet you still do; at least to some degree.

I think its purely a guy thing. My son does it constantly, and so do nearly all of the male coworkers. And my husband does it too, now that I think about it.

And, nice to hear from you. I know you're insanely busy these days. I'm feeling special that you took the time.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home