Saturday, October 29, 2005

Podcast DJ'ing...

...is a very odd, scary, un-nerving kind of feeling. Sitting in my office (dare I call it a studio?) talking into a microphone/headset thingy is so bizarre!! Thank God for Ctrl+Z!!! I've tried at least a dozen times tonight to record my voice. I get all hung up as I watch the wave form in Audacity (super cool free audio editor) flatline as I try to come up with something to say.

I tried to write out a script. OH DEAR LORD!!! I sounded more stiff than Al Gore. So for the time being, its going to be brief intros to each song. This DJ'ing stuff is hard! My Dad was a DJ and I have a new found respect for his radio career. And I have to admit, I thought about abandoning the whole thing....but....what a sucky feeling if I bailed on myself, you know. Anyway, I'm doing it (maybe doing it over, and over, and over until I'm over that off-center feeling).

Its an interesting feeling to step out of my comfort zone. So far the format is shaping up to be two songs. They could be my daughter's stuff, or my Dad's or any number of other perfectly podsafe music selections. Oh, and the name will be Tune Swings. I'll do an Episode #0 and ask for feedback (before putting out on an RSS feed) in the near future.

Stay tuned to this blog for further details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home