Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I Escaped...

...from the luncheon part of "The Demon Office Christmas Party" and food-borne illness fest. I didn't want to miss the Dirty Santa part (remember - I'd invested $1.00 American already).

Here's the secret. Have something notarized. (I don't know if this is possible in other countries, so it may only work here.)

For several reasons - I'm not one for telling lies. 1. It royally sucks to be lied to. AND 2. It's just so damned hard to cover a lie. So - I really did have to get something notarized during the germ fest part of the shindig. (details of why I needed to have something notarized will follow in about 6-8 weeks - here's a hint: It involves Corn Dogs)

Manager: "Aren't you staying for the luncheon?"
Me: "Oh, no. I have to run to the bank and have something notarized."
Manager: "Oh, I completely understand. You're not going to miss Dirty Santa are you?"
Me: "Are you kidding? I can't miss that!"and then to myself - I want to see what my return on investment is going to be.

And the ROI? A gift set of Tabasco Sauce flavors and a basting brush.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Hi Vicky

I think notarizing must be a US thing. I certainly have no idea what it was. You could have done worse than the Tabasco set though. I'm a big fan of Tabasco!

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home