Sunday, January 22, 2006

Losing it...

I can't remember the name of the patron saint of lost things. This lapse in memory could not have come at a worse time.

Last year we started a video for my dearest friend's brother. This tape holds the moments of last year's Christmas, Easter Sunday's Egg Hunt, 4th of July and at least one birthday party.

Did I tape over it (God forbid) or did it make it's way to the same parallel universe where all miss-matched socks go when sucked out of the dryer? Either way, I fear its gone forever. And I feel like utter shit about it's loss.

This morning I called her to confess. The phone felt heavy in my hand. The buttons so hard to push. And here's the thing about friendship - she forgave me. She was disappointed that I had carelessly misplaced a precious year of her family's life. She forgave me - and apologized for being a bother.

Shit. I really want to find that tape!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home