Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Then and Now...

As my son dashed out the door "I'M GOING TO GET THE MAIL!!!" - I remembered how excited I would get if I retrieved the mail before anyone else. And if, just if something was for ME?!..(or to Occupant) That was the shits!

Here's a few Then and Now comparisons:

Then: "I'LL GET IT!!!" when the phone rings.
Now: "You gonna get that?!"

Then: Candy (especially sour)
Now: Chocolate (especially dark)

Then: Jumping off of high places. I jumped off my neighbor's roof countless times.
Now: I won't jump off of a chair after changing a lightbulb in the kitchen (not to mention the anxiety attack I have on the way up).

Then: Car trips.
Now: 40 minute commutes to and from work.

One view that has not changed since I was a kid...fireworks displays., and dancing to "Play that Funky Music White Boy" when ever humanly possible.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neal said...

Vicky, I'll think of you on Saturday when I have my 40th birthday party. "Play That Funky Music White Boy" is already on the playlist :-)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home