Thursday, February 02, 2006

Something Else I can't Do...

Have you ever looked at an abstract painting, had a bout of sticker shock when you see it sell for $25K (American) and say to yourself, "Damn! I could do that!!"

A blob of paint here, a smere of paint there - and then place that dog turd just so...

Yeah, well I can't do that anymore than I can dance. I can't draw to save my life. Not impressionist, realism, abstract or stick man - I got nothin'!

How do guys like Neal (hope your birthday was fabulous!) do it? What is missing on my double helix that inspires comments like - "uh, its a...uh..yeah, I don't know what it is."

The Illustration Friday site had "Free" for a subject a few weeks ago. "I could do that!" Out came the Moleskine. I started to doodle...dare I say sketch...a big bunch of baloons. Looking over my shoulder my son says "Ooh, nice football, Mom!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home