Monday, February 20, 2006

Time's a Flyin'...

Holy Moly! My oldest daughter is now as old as I was when SHE was
born!!!

Her other mom (we never did use the "step" or "half" hyphen "parent" or "sibling")called to wish ME happy birthday - because it's the 22nd anniversary of my giving birth DAY! And what a day that was! 7Lbs, 14.5oz and 20.5 inches long. A little mass of red hair and from day one she could stare a person down, size 'em up and go with her gut (and be right every time). At the ripe old age of 5 days she was held by a friend of her father's and proceeded to projectile vomit all over him. Yeah, she called it right!

I tried to have my husband call her first thing this morning. He didn't understand how important it is to be awakened to the tune of "Happy Birthday", being sung off key and at max dB. He wussed, and waited to make the call. So she was awake when he finally did.

Of course, she is 22 years old now and a bit wiser. She was awake early, with coffee in hand - waiting for our weesley attempts to jar her from her slumber.

So now its official. Although I am not a grandmother (and that's perfectly fine with me), I am now old enough to be a grandmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home